Wednesday 10 July 2019

Now We Are Six

It was only a few blog posts ago (in my "Resin Resistance" post) when, talking about my five tiny resins, I boldly predicted that my next resin would probably come in the form of a contest or raffle prize, because I never actively shop for resins.

Fortunately, I hedged my bets by admitting that if I was in the right place at the right time, you never know what might happen.

Well, it happened ... and now we are six.

How can I explain it?

Well, what happened is this:

We Canadians have our own Facebook page for selling and trading model horses with each other.  I browse this page every once in a while, mostly looking to see if I have anything on my shelves that other people are looking for, as I seriously need to make more room on my shelves.  I'm almost never looking to buy, but when I logged on the other day the first thing that caught my eye was this beautiful Lynn Fraley "Chickory" resin painted by Jami Worms.
Picture from the sales page: photo by Jami Worms/KatieQ Customs

Jami Worms is the fantastic artist behind KatieQ Customs who just happens to live in the same province as I do.  I've seen some of the work that she's done for friends of mine and have been more than impressed with her stuff.  So I've been yearning for one of her horses for quite some time now, but her books always seem to be closed and I didn't really have a good body to send away for painting anyway.

So this little guy had everything going for him all at once -- he's a Lynn Fraley sculpt (and I love Lynn's work), he's a pony (and I'm a sucker for ponies), and he was painted by Jami Worms (an artist whose work I admire).  How could I resist?

The answer is simple:  I couldn't.
My newest resin: "Birling Bright Water," a British Spotted Pony

So my grand total of tiny resins is now six.

And no one could be happier about it than me.

2 comments: